TRAINING, ORGANISATIONS, STANDARDS, EXPERIENCE
- a qualified psychoanalytic psychotherapist recognised by the Institute of Psychotherapy and Social Studies (IPSS)
- a product of the Central School of Counselling and Therapy (CSCT) and IPSS
- a graduate with a MA Psychotherapy and Social Studies accredited by London Metropolitan University and
- a prior graduate with a MA English Language and Literature from Oxford University.
I am also
- a full member of IPSS which has a strict code of ethics and a supportive complaints procedure
- an organisational member of the Council for Psychoanalysis and Jungian Analysis (CPJA), a college of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and
- a fully registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
In CPJA, I have been a member of one committee necessary to its functioning. In IPSS, I was for many years an elected council member. I also held a number of offices therein; have been a member of three of its committees; and formerly chaired one such.
Each body ensures high standards of professional practice and confidentiality.
- within strict guidelines for supervision
- while undergoing regular professional development and
- with full cover professional indemnity insurance.
I see clients in private practice for both open-ended or time-limited counselling and therapy. I have also worked as a psychotherapist in the NHS and as a counsellor for Mind.
I have many years experience working with, facilitating and coordinating the development of children and adolescents. Such young people included those with moderate, severe and complex learning difficulties.